Homeless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeless

We are currently unable to get to our boat due to flooding. What does everyone do when unable to stay on your boat for any reason. Do you have a condo, rent an apartment, go to hotel. God forbid, stay with the kids.

Never been unable to get to my boat. Even when she is on the hard I have stayed on here. However, sometimes in the winter we need a break from the darkness and we check ourselves into a 5 star hotel downtown.
    Azzurra
    Seattle, WA
    Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

My first option would be to not leave. I left for Hurricane Irma and frankly, that was a Big Mistake.

I know I was terribly upset when the government Emergency Management would not allow me back to my boat. NEVER again will I leave.

If you're interested in the saga (and I do whine -- not all boating is sunsets at anchor with a chilled beverage) the article is here:
      http://janice142.com/Articles/HurricaneIrmaSaga.html

I would look into an AirBnB or some sort of family motel. Right down the street from me is a Mom and Pop place. Some might offer discounts for a week. Good luck.

Comment

We have spent many days in hotels while on the hard for service, during the winter because of no water or black water tank full and iced in or just need a break.

Comment

Working...
        X