Waste management and a shout out to Raritan Engineering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste management and a shout out to Raritan Engineering

One of the things I did when I moved aboard was to replace my holding tank with a raritan Purasan Treatment system. I think it was one of the best things I added to my boat. The only thing was I did not look into the future when i did this. I should have opted for the Hold & Treat system.

For those not familiar with the system, it treats the waste and pumps it overboard. It is 100% legal in most of the waterways in the US. No more going to the pumpout once or twice a week. I realized shortly after I installed it that there are some places in the US and most places in Canada that you can not use it.

This winter I decided to change the system to a Hold & Treat. I did not want to buy a new purasan system I wanted to retro fit it into a Hold & Treat. Raritan Engineering could not have been more helpful. From the first time I contacted them, tru installation, and trouble shooting after the install.

This week the transfer pump failed, I called them for help determining what the problem was, and how to completely diagnose it. As soon as I confirmed it was the transfer pump, they sent a new pump via Fedex.

A great system, and a great company to work with.

Scott Jones
    Sea Ray 440 Aft Cabin
    Liveaboard Start Date 1/May/16

I have a hold n treat controller that automates my electroscan based waste management system. I absolutely love it.

For those that are not familiar with the Hold N treat, here is how it works...

The heads both discharge into my holding tank.

I have a raritan electro-scan treatment system between the macerator pump and the seacock.

The hold n treats job is to keep the holding tank empty. When you turn the key to automatic, the entire system performs automatically. When you turn the key to no discharge, no discharge occures, and this is a USCG recognized no discharge condition.

What a wonderful system, and yes a great company to work with!
    Kevin Sanders
    Bayliner 4788 Seward, Alaska
    Map where I am right now
    https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Unfortunately these systems are not legal in the Puget Sound region
      Azzurra
      Seattle, WA
      Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

Originally posted by Tiltrider1 View Post
        I heard that, very sad indeed
        Kevin Sanders
        Map where I am right now

Comment

Originally posted by Tiltrider1 View Post
          There are a couple of areas in the Chesapeake Bay, that they are not legal. Also the in canada they are not legal at all. That is why I upgraded from a treatment system to the Hold & Treat. I will use it where I can, and hold it else where.
          Scott Jones
          Sea Ray 440 Aft Cabin
          Liveaboard Start Date 1/May/16

Comment

Originally posted by SPJ8864 View Post

There are a couple of areas in the Chesapeake Bay, that they are not legal. Also the in canada they are not legal at all. That is why I upgraded from a treatment system to the Hold & Treat. I will use it where I can, and hold it else where.
            Thats why I like the hold n treat so much.

Where’s it’s legal treat your waste.

Where it’s not legal, hold and pump out.

The difference between the two modes is a key switch
            Kevin Sanders
            Map where I am right now

Comment

Working...
            X