Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking water from your tanks???

Question...

Do you get your drinking water from your tanks?

I brush my teeth, and make coffee, etc... using water from my tanks, and have no problems.

For my actual drinking water I get that directly from my watermaker, using the spigot that flows into my galley sink. I have two one gallon jugs that I keep in the fridge for drinking water.
    Kevin Sanders
    Bayliner 4788 Seward, Alaska
    Map where I am right now
    https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

We have a specific spigot for drinking water. The water comes from our tanks but runs through a special filter.
    Azzurra
    Seattle, WA
    Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

We drink from out tank going through a filter. We have had no problem in 2 seasons at this marina. We are getting town water from Nanaimo and it actually tastes good as well.

Comment

We just drink bottled water...
        John Shade
        1986 Marinette 39 Sedan
        twin 454 Crusaders 350 HP
        Ohio & Muskingum Rivers

Comment

I drink the water from my tanks or from the dock water supply for the last 4 1/2 years.

Comment

everything goes to my water tanks. Filled with city water or watermaker. the whole system does have a series of 4 filters and all water from anywhere including showers,toilets,deck hoses, etc get filtered. So we also drink from there of course. I've had a pet peeve about bottled water since the 90's. I remember being a kid and people wishing car's could run on water, now I'm sure glad they don't, that shit is more expensive than fuel.

Comment

Tank water for me... mostly watermaker though sometimes I do use the hose.

Comment

Originally posted by shade2u2 View Post
                We just drink bottled water...
                Most of our drinking water comes out of this type of bottle that is filled from the dockside hose.

The Admiral isn't confident in our tank water yet due to some odor last year when we got the boat. I commission it in the spring with the common bleach process and am treating each tankful now with TastePure water freshener. Hopefully that helps.
                John Shade
                1986 Marinette 39 Sedan
                twin 454 Crusaders 350 HP
                Ohio & Muskingum Rivers

Comment

I make water year round. It goes to the tank and a little chlorine, below taste detection, is added. I use a pool test kit and shoot for the lowest chlorine level that registers. The galley water goes thru another set of filters and has a great taste. Without the chlorine, the tanks will eventually grow organisms even though the watermaker water goes thru a sterilizer. I use to shock chlorinize my tanks a couple times a year, but found adding chlorine as I make water works better.

Comment

After bleaching, as a maintenance mode I pour in a pint of hydrogen peroxide every so often.
                    That seems to keep things okay.

I use a combination of dock water and watermaker water.

Comment

Working...
                    X