I thought the boat was ready to go!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the boat was ready to go!

i spent the day washing the boat. I thought all the maintenance was done. I had my dingy scheduled for service for Monday. I went to crane it off the back deck. Crane won’t operate. Turns out the battery is dead. It appears the battery charger for the crane has died. I keep a 40amp portable charger onboard. After 3 hours of charging I get the dingy into the water. Next, dingy won’t start, bad battery, I even had a charger on it all winter. Luckily it’s still quarter to 5 and I get a new battery from West Marine.

Now I have a new project for my boat list. Crane battery charger, think i’ll Replace the batteries as well.
    Azzurra
    Seattle, WA
    Ocean Alexander 54

Originally posted by Tiltrider1 View Post
    i spent the day washing the boat. I thought all the maintenance was done. I had my dingy scheduled for service for Monday. I went to crane it off the back deck. Crane won’t operate. Turns out the battery is dead. It appears the battery charger for the crane has died. I keep a 40amp portable charger onboard. After 3 hours of charging I get the dingy into the water. Next, dingy won’t start, bad battery, I even had a charger on it all winter. Luckily it’s still quarter to 5 and I get a new battery from West Marine.

Now I have a new project for my boat list. Crane battery charger, think i’ll Replace the batteries as well.
    I can see it! you spent the day washing the boat because you Knew the maintenance was done. Happens every time it seems. I Knew my boat was ready to go and then I arrived to a broken down Wallace furnace. Thank goodness for spare parts .

I like the idea of a portable battery charger, just in case!
    Kevin Sanders
    Bayliner 4788 Seward, Alaska
    Map where I am right now
    https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Hope it’s an easy fix! I think we are finally ready to go.... starboard engine cylinder head developed a hairline crack (no signs of overheating ), my wallet is lighter.. but now I truly think “the boat is ready to go”!

Comment

Break Out Another Thousand! There is always something to fix/repair/replace on a boat, both new and not so new boats!
        Destiny
        Bayliner 5288
        Port Ludlow, WA

Comment

New 10amp charger - $100. 2 x 6v GC batteries - $280 1 battery box - $45 = $425. Crane works again.
          Azzurra
          Seattle, WA
          Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

Best boat name I've seen was " ALWAYS SOMETHING"

Comment

Originally posted by PACRIMRAT View Post
              Best boat name I've seen was " ALWAYS SOMETHING"
              I like that one!
              Kevin Sanders
              Map where I am right now

Comment

I should have named my boat "Theory" because everything works there.

Comment

" ALWAYS SOMETHING" I could say that about a house. I'm glad my house days are over. You're always fixing, mowing or some other forced activity with a house. Or you're paying for a new roof, etc. And the house doesn't move and take you places.

Comment

My friends asked me what I did this weekend. Why we took the boat to eagle harbor for lunch, what did you do? They mowed the lawn and pulled weeds.
                    Azzurra
                    Seattle, WA
                    Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

To present to other side of tiltrider1's weekend... And truth be told his trip is FAR better than mowing the grass.

However...
                      When I was much younger EVERY time I went over the side (swimming) the scraper was in my hand. I "lost" it one time and the folks wouldn't let me back aboard until I found it. After that a string was added to tie to to my wrist. I hated that miserable beast (stainless steel, off-set angle for scraping, beveled of course, with a 3/4" tube for a handle)

Anyway, all these decades later I still have the same one. And yes, it works fine though I have hired a diver. My get down there and scrape gene has gone into hiding.

On the other hand, that scraper earned me $$ when I was a kidlet. Clear water, and warm water too of course. I did have a shortie wetsuit, thin because that was all that was required. When I started to outgrow it we'd keep it. There was a place along the southern coast of Cuba where we would stop every few years and swap my old wetsuit for friendship, conch and lobsters.

That was a long time ago of course.

Comment

My weekend was spent waxing the boat. Great weather, but hard work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9BA9B989-B6B7-4F8D-96C8-CCB4F1CFC783.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	3055
                        Kevin Sanders
                        Map where I am right now

Comment

Looks beautiful Kevin. Wow.

One day I will shine and polish my Seaweed. I always admire the Bristol finish boats. Yours looks amazing.

Comment

If you need more practice come on down, I’ll let you wax mine any time. Looks great.
                            Azzurra
                            Seattle, WA
                            Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

I have to say, that the photos do not realy show the difference all that well.

I have everything above the rub rail done, next is the hull.

But that will have to wait. I am at work for a short 4 night shift run, and then off to explore Kodiak Alaska!
                              Kevin Sanders
                              Map where I am right now

Comment

Working...
                              X