I thought the boat was ready to go!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the boat was ready to go!

i spent the day washing the boat. I thought all the maintenance was done. I had my dingy scheduled for service for Monday. I went to crane it off the back deck. Crane won’t operate. Turns out the battery is dead. It appears the battery charger for the crane has died. I keep a 40amp portable charger onboard. After 3 hours of charging I get the dingy into the water. Next, dingy won’t start, bad battery, I even had a charger on it all winter. Luckily it’s still quarter to 5 and I get a new battery from West Marine.

Now I have a new project for my boat list. Crane battery charger, think i’ll Replace the batteries as well.
    Azzurra
    Seattle, WA
    Ocean Alexander 54

Originally posted by Tiltrider1 View Post
    i spent the day washing the boat. I thought all the maintenance was done. I had my dingy scheduled for service for Monday. I went to crane it off the back deck. Crane won’t operate. Turns out the battery is dead. It appears the battery charger for the crane has died. I keep a 40amp portable charger onboard. After 3 hours of charging I get the dingy into the water. Next, dingy won’t start, bad battery, I even had a charger on it all winter. Luckily it’s still quarter to 5 and I get a new battery from West Marine.

Now I have a new project for my boat list. Crane battery charger, think i’ll Replace the batteries as well.
    I can see it! you spent the day washing the boat because you Knew the maintenance was done. Happens every time it seems. I Knew my boat was ready to go and then I arrived to a broken down Wallace furnace. Thank goodness for spare parts .

I like the idea of a portable battery charger, just in case!
    Kevin Sanders
    Bayliner 4788 Seward, Alaska
    Map where I am right now
    https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Hope it’s an easy fix! I think we are finally ready to go.... starboard engine cylinder head developed a hairline crack (no signs of overheating ), my wallet is lighter.. but now I truly think “the boat is ready to go”!

Comment

Break Out Another Thousand! There is always something to fix/repair/replace on a boat, both new and not so new boats!
        Destiny
        Bayliner 5288
        Port Ludlow, WA

Comment

New 10amp charger - $100. 2 x 6v GC batteries - $280 1 battery box - $45 = $425. Crane works again.
          Azzurra
          Seattle, WA
          Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

Working...
          X